Global Water Partnership (GWP)
Global Water Partnership (GWP) and IWR signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to further both organizations’ interests and missions in the field of integrated water resources management. The partnership will focus on the use of proven technology, best management practices and methods for water resources management.
About the Memorandum of Understanding
Signed: October 9, 2007
- Emilio Gabbrielli , Executive Secretary (GWP)
- Robert A. Pietrowsky, Director (IWR)
Purpose:The partners intend to cooperate in the training, development and practice of integrated water resources management.
Terms: The partners intend to work jointly in the following fields:
- Development of procedures and methods for integrated water resources management to support sustainable development
- Infrastructure development
- Adaptation to global climate change and its impacts on water resources
- Flood risk management, hydrologic analysis, risk analysis and systems modeling
- Socio-economic analysis
- Environmental restoration, ecological design, eco-hydrologic analysis and water quality
- Consensus building, conflict resolution/management, public participation and citizen involvement, alternative dispute resolution and shared vision planning
- Water policy, governance and institutional aspects of water and watershed management
- Capacity building, development and training
- Educational methods and systems
- Water security, including in the context of Millennium Development Goals
- Transboundary water resources
About Global Water Partnership (GWP)
GWP was established in 1996 by the World Bank, the United Nations Development Program and the Swedish International Development Agency. Its mission is to support countries in the sustainable management of their water resources.
Memorandum of Understanding (pdf, 303 KB)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.