Institute for Water and Watersheds (IWW) Oregon State University (OSU)
Oregon State University’s Institute for Water and Watersheds (IWW) and IWR signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that builds upon their common interests in integrated water resources management, sustainable development, ecological design, ecosystem restoration and environmental conflict resolution. This partnership will benefit from each partners’ program to promote research and capacity development.
About the Memorandum of Understanding
Signed: September 20, 2007
- John M. Cassady , Vice President for Research (OSU)
- Robert A. Pietrowsky , Director (IWR)
Purpose: This partnership will facilitate cooperation between the partners in integrated water resources management, interdisciplinary scientific research, and capacity building for developing/emerging countries and post-disaster/conflict nations and regions.
Terms: The Parties are especially interested in jointly pursuing opportunities in:
- Integrated water resources management and sustainable development
- Infrastructure development, adaptive management and adaptation to global warming
- Flood risk management, hydrologic analysis, risk analysis and systems modeling
- Environmental restoration, ecological design, eco-hydrologic analysis and water quality
- Consensus building, conflict resolution and management, public participation and citizen involvement, alternative dispute resolution, and shared vision planning
- Water policy, governance and institutional aspects of water and watershed management
- Capacity building, development and training
- Educational methods and systems
- Water security, including within the context of Millennium Development Goals
- Effects of climate change on water resources
About Institute for Water and Watersheds
Oregon State University’s Institute for Water and Watersheds promotes sustainable development and integrated water resources management through education, training, networking of scientists and collaboration with other organizations.
Memorandum of Understanding (pdf, 111 KB)