UNESCO-IHE and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to collaborate in water resources development and management. The partners’ joint efforts will further the use of effective water resources management policies and the creation of a worldwide Partnership for Water Education and Research. IWR plays a role in the implementation of this MOU.
About the Memorandum of Understanding
Signed: March 28, 2002
- Prof. dr. Wim van Vierssen , Director (UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education)
- Dominic Izzo , Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (USACE)
Purpose:The partners intend to cooperate in water resources development and management for developing countries and countries in transition.
Terms: The partners intend to jointly pursue opportunities in:
- Flood control, floodplain management and water resources management
- Infrastructure development
- Environmental engineering
- Consensus building
- Water policy
- Capacity building
- Educational methods and systems
About UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education
The UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education promotes the establishment of a worldwide partnership for water education and research.
Memorandum of Understanding (pdf, 159 KB)